OF NIIBORI GUITAR
Concert in Musikverein
in November 2007
- Dr. Hiroki Niibori establishes Niibori Guitar Music School.
- Dr. Niibori forms Niibori Guitar Chamber Ensemble (present Niibori Guitar
The school's bulletin 'Monthly Harmony' published.
- First concert held at Tokyo Bunka Kaikan.
First LP record by King Records.
- School concert tour begun.
Performance of 'Concert Grosso' (Vivaldi) at Kudan Kaikan attracts considerable
attention in the guitar world and earned praises such as: 'Their performance
is beyond original!'.
Second LP record released.
Performances at Tokyo Bunka Kaikan on November 23 and 28 were an unprecedented
with Mr. Kazuhito Yamashita
- LP records released by King and Victor Records.
First Candle Concert (Christmas Charity Concert) started. To this day, this
charity concert tour series is held annually with a total attendance of 120,000.
- LP records released by Teichiku and Columbia Records.
Produced theme music for TV drama series 'Shizu' and the Movie 'Yu-Bue'.
Appearance as a guest on TV program 'Kimijima Norio Morning Show'.
Improvements made to Bass Guitar
and Contrabass Guitar announced,
and orchestra sound makes great progress.
- Niibori Guitar Ladies' Quartet 'The Dreamers' formed.
Roughly 3,700 people attend concert at Kyoritsu Kodo and establish a new record
for largest concert audience in Japan.
Izu educational center (present Nihon Guitar Music Conservatory) built.
- Appearance on NHK (national boadcast) TV program 'Young Fellows'.
Successful performance of 'Tales of the Vienna Forrest Waltz' open the way
for guitar orchestra performance of J. Strauss compositions.
'The Dreamers' sign with King Records, become regular performers at a well-known
classic venue 'Little Play House'.
Ms. Louise Walker
- Special concert with Louise Walker, one of the greatest woman guitarists.
'The Dreamers' appearance on NHK TV program, broadcast over all of Japan.
'The Dreamers' release LP 'Beautiful Dreamer' and 'Love Sound' on King Records.
All Japan Guitar Concours started.
- Special concerts with J. Beherend and Maria Louise Aniedo.
Release LP 'Mozart Musical Masterpieces' and cassette tape series 'New Guitar
Method' (total fifteen volumes).
- Release LP 'Menuet'.
Appear on TV program 'TBS Satellite Studio' aas regular guest.
- Appear on TV program 'Net 23 o'clock Show' as regular guest.
Appearance on live TV broadcast 'NHK Song is Friend'.
'The Dreamers' complete 40 day London concert
tour, BBC produced special broadcast over all Europe.
Guitaristus Nippon first recital.
- 'Evening Concert for Vivaldi' by 120 member guitar orchestra completed.
From this year on, candle concerts to be held all over Japan.
Formation of Niibori Guitar Ensemble (NE), a crack unit of Niibori Guitar
NE holds concert in the presence of His Royal Highness Hirohito Takamatsunomiya.
First NE recital at Tokyo Yubin Chokin Hall.
School concerts by NE become active and popular.
- Start of New Year Concert Series.
'Bach-Vivaldi Comparative Concert' by 160 piece guitar orchestra.
Company Guitar Clubs form one after another.
- Concert, '300 piece Guitar Orchestra and 15,000 Friends'. An audience of
nearly 20,000 in attendance makes this large scale international guitar event
a huge success.
- NE completes Spanish concert tour, releases LP record, and is invited to
appear on TV. Welcomed like Segovia.
NE makes regular guest appearance on ch 12 and familiarize the nation with
the attraction of classical guitar.
- NE becomes quite popular, this Spanish label LP is imported and enjoys brisk
NE release: LPs 'Fascinating Masterpieces' (total 7 volumes). (most later
re-released on CD)
New Ladies' Ensemble successful visit to Spain.
Mr. J. Cardoso with
- Beginning of Pops Concert Series.
Release of cassette tape 'Screen Music'.
Live Concert LP series begins starting with the live album: 'J. Cardoso &
the Niibori Guitar Orchestra'.
- 'Concert for Japanese Compositions for Guitar'.
NE completes Southeast Asia (Taiwan, Singapore)
concert tour, and are proclaimed to be like 'The dawning of a new ara
in guitar history' in Singapore.
- First Concert run through Japan.
The 'Niibori Kindergarten Chorus' invited to Innsbruck Music Festival, Austria.
Concert series 'Invitation to Tyrol' by NE for first-timelisteners, is a hit.
- 180 piece Niibori Guitar Grand Orchestra formed.
Joint concert by Pennsylvania Boys Choir, Niibori Guitar Children's Ensemble
- ' Evening for Minuets and Wine' and other concert series begun.
'Niibori Guitar Music Republic participates in Nihon TV's 'Mini Independent
States Olympics' the sounds of the Guitar Orchestra are broadcast on nationwide
- Concert ''Hiroki Niibori & the Niibori Guitar Orchestra' held at Suntory
Cassette tape series 'Niibori Sound Best 20' (20 volumes) release.
- 'Station Concert', Tokyo station.
CD 'Hiroki Niibori & Guitar Orchestra' release.
- Epock-making CD 'NRM18-01' composed by Dr. Niibori release.
- Performance at party sponsored by the Association for the Promotion of Japanese
Culture celebrating Dr. Niibori's receiving the 'International Arts and Culture
Award' and degree 'Doctorate of Arts'.
Ladies' quartet on Chinese TV
- Highly successful Inernational Goodwill Concert series celebrating 20 years
since the normalization of diplomatic ties between Japan and China in Beijing
and Nanjing, by invitation of China. 80 piece orchestra's performance attended
by some 36,000, with an additional 4 hundred million joining in by TV or radio.
First Performance of symphonic poem 'The God of SAI' last movement composed
by Dr. Niibori at Shinjuku Bunka Center.
- Ensuring the continuation of Dr. Niibori's teaching methods, three heirs
are chosen to give a special summer concert, 'A Musical Evening of Guitar
Orchestra with Three Conductors'. An immensely successful event.
The International Goodwill Concerts are deemed such a success, the 'World's
Highest Honorable Award' is bestowed by The World Peace and Cultural Foundation,
- The US public service corporation: International Niibori Guitar Orchestra
Foundation is approved and established. Dr. Niibori, conductor and musical
director, inaugurated as a Director.
First performance of all four movements of the symphonic poem for Wadaiko
(Japanese Drum) and guitar orchestra: 'The God of SAI' Joetsu, Niigata prefecture
in October. The age of PLERA (player's opera, a synthetic art consists of
sound, stage effects and vision) starts.
40th anniversary of candle concert.
- Dr. Niibori's philosophies: 'Serve good music to be a nourishment for your
soul', and 'World-wide Family' are highly acclaimed, receives Doctorate of
Inaugurated as full professor at Honolulu University, and visiting professor
at Tamkang University.
Niibori Guitar Orchestra completes US-Japan
Goodwill Concert tour with last concert in Honolulu ending in a standing
Niibori Method awarded the 'Meritorious Cultural Service Award' by the Association
for the Promotion of Japanese Culture.
Niibori Method internationally recognized.
Australia-Japan Goodwill Concert tour in Japan held in November.
- Australia-Japan International Goodwill
Concert tour in Australia held in March.
- Niibori Guitar Ensemble participated in World
Peace Prayer Ceremony held in Honolulu, Hawaii, and the sound was applauded
by the representatives from all over the world.
Niibori Guitar Orchestra had a concert
as an opening event of Nirayama Jidai Gekijo in Izu.
The 40th anniversary concert of Niibori Guitar Music School was held in Yokosuka
- Niibori Group received a silver prize from Japan Red Cross for 30 years
of volunteer activities, and also recieved a letter of thanks from UNICEF.
- The 3rd Niibori guitar Orchestra Concert in Hawaii was held on April, and
rendered unprecedented success as a charity concert, and received a certificate
of appreciation from Kuakini Foundation managed a hospital for the Japanese
United Nations International Children's Fund (UNICEF) sent a letter of apprecation
for the Niibori Group.
- Japan - Taiwan International Goodwill Concert was held by Taichung
Children's Guitar Orchestra and International Niibori Guitar Orchestra together.
It was reported by mass media a lot.
In a concert of Tokyo Opera City, "OVERTURE OP.362 FROM DIE FLEDERMAUS" BY
J. STRAUSS was played for the first time, and the traditional Niibori Guitar
Orchestra A-group had a great start as a new unit "the Niibori Guitar Philharmonic
- The International Parliament for Peace Settlement (NGO based committee on
disarmament at the United Nations) conferred a plaque of recognition on Dr.
Niibori for his distinguished achievements for world peace through music for
- NE (Niibori Guitar Ensemble) had a guest performance in International Festival
of Guitar, Gryfice-Trzebiatow 2002 in Poland, and passionate standing ovation
caused in a church.
- "Full Harmony Studio" was completed in the 3rd building in Fujisawa. Including
this, concert facilities such as salons, halls, and studio became 15 places
in all over Japan.
The compilation book "Guitar Orchestra Master Text Book" vol.1 & vol. 2 were
published in June.
NE showed a joint performance with Andrea Diech as a Italian Fair.
The Niibori Guitar Philharmonic Orchestra played with the Japanese top guitarist
- Dr.Niibori was awarded The Distinguished PRIX for the World Peace
from the International Academy of Education (NY Headquarters).In November,
the guitar orchestra composed of the students from Fujisawa & Tokyo campus
of International Niibori Guitar Music Academy and from Nihon Guitar Music
Conservatory participated in the Stuttgart International Guitar Festival
in Germany. They played at Fellbach and Schwabisch Gmund and were blessed
again with standing ovations.The 40th Christmas concert was held under the
proposition of With Wish to Peace, same one as the last year,
backed by the WPPS (NGO in UN) and the Goi Peace Foundation.
- The Fujisawa campus received authorization from Kanagawa prefecture and
started as an educational foundation International Niibori Guitar Music Academy,
and was freshly open in April.This is the first music college organized by
a guitar music specialist team in the metropolitan area, and made a giant
step aiming at dream creation in the future.NE concerts were held 3 times
successively at Fujisawa (Full-harmony Studio at the International Niibori
Guitar Music Academy), Yokohama (Himawari no Sato (meaning sunflower
village) at the Cultural Center of Konan ward ) and Tokyo (Casals Hall
at Nihon University). Besides Dr. Niibori, Mr. Naoto Shibayama, Mr. Kazuyuki
Terada and Mrs. Kyoko Momose appeared on the stage as the conductor.
- Dr.Niibori received an award regarding world peace from pope Dalai Lama
XIV. And he was awarded "Gold Prize" for the contribution to charity
and health by George W. Bush, President of U.S.A.
- Dr.Niibori was knighted for his services to world peace. It is the knight
grand cross from the knights St.Theotonio of Portugal with blessings of Pope
Benedict XVI and former Pope John-Paul II.
The Niibori Group greeted 50th year since the first establishment. The Niibori
Guitar Philharmonic Orchestra held the 50th anniversary concerts in Tokyo,
Vienna, Munich and Seoul. Each concerts caused so many people standing ovation.
- Dr.Niibori and his orchestra received a testimonial from UNICEF for an act
of endowment at the benefit concert in Munich and Vienna.
Niibori Guitar Philharmonic Orchestra showed a joint performance with Arnaud
Dumond in September in French-Japan Goodwill Concert to commemorate the 150th
anniversary of diplomatic relations.
- Dr.Niibori received a golden medal,"ENEREL" from the Mongolian
Red Cross Society on Jan.3 in the recognition of his contribution to the humanitarian
activities for the vulnerable people of Mongolia. And he was decorated Global
Cultural Prize on Jan.20, historical hereditary decoration from Her Majesty
Dr.Niibori was awarded Albert Schweitzer "Art Prize" from Austrian
Albert Schweitzer Association in March, and 25th Anniversary Jubilee Medal
was given for this time with the special message of Mr.Joerg Steiner, Secretary
General of the head office of the association.
- Dr.Niibori received the certification from World Peace Academy.
- Bass guitar string and Contrabass guitar string, developed by cooperation
with Niibori Guitar Academy and French company "SAVAREZ", the official
sponsor for Niibori Guitar Philharmonic Orchestra (N-Orch.) and having excellent
reputation for manufacturing Classical Guitar String in very high quality,
were put on the market from this April.
Dr.Niibori was awarded "Gold Prize" for the contribution to charity
and health by Barack Obama, President of U.S.A.
"Live Building", Dr.Niibori's dream and ideal building for musicians,
was completed and "Society of Music Friends", anti-ageing club,
- Long-awaited "Public performances in Italy" were realized in November.
- Dr.Niibori was knighted by the Lord of Westminster, UK in March. He also
received an Order of International Cultural Exchange from the Embassy of Russia
Our headquarters's new office in Fujisawa was completed in March. So, we have
two main buildings, "Honkan building" and "Live-kan building"!!
Niibori TV started on June 9th!! You can see Niibori's Now on Ustream!!!
- Dr.Niibori was awarded the Yukawa Memorial Peace Prize and received the
certificate of appreciation from UN-WHF(World Human Facility). Danrok was
invited to Trzesacz Guitar Music Festival, Poland.
- Dr.Niibori received the recognition and he was given Asian Renaissance art
conduction ambassador from Thai International Committee of the Red Cross.