INVITATION TO IZU NIRAYAMA INTERNATIONAL GUITAR FESTIVAL & SUMMER SCHOOL 2001
@For 3 days from July 27 (Fri) to 29 (Sun), a summer school will be held at Nihon Guitar Music Conservatory on a large scale.
@ This annual event is held by Nihon Guitar Music Conservatory (president: Dr. Hiroki Niibori). Therefore the curriculum is constructed based on Niibori Method. Lecturers are all professors and instructors of Niibori Group, and a variety of lectures and an experience of full-scale guitar orchestra are available.
@ This event will take place in Nihon Guitar Music Conservatory and Izu Nirayama Jidai Gekijo. The conservatory is located in a summer resort area at 400 meters above and the magnificent panorama through the windows are so beautiful. In the daytime, Sacred Mt. Fuji and lots of mountains appear clearly in front of us. In the conservatory, there is a hall called "Tarrega Hall" that was designed specially for the guitar music. After the lectures, a concert and a party will be held in the hall.
@ Well, let's introduce the curriculum for this year.
july 27 (Fri) / The 1st day
* Special Lecture by Dr. Hiroki Niibori "Examples of the performance that moved people in the world & tips to enjoy learning the guitar through your life" (13:00~15:00)
@ His lecture is very popular every year. With London tour as a start, he accomplished lots of overseas tours as a conductor in world-famous halls in Europe, America, Southeast Asia, Australia and so on. His interesting stories with video tapes at that times are worth seeing and listening also for people who learn musical instruments except for the guitar.
* Elective Classes (15:30~17:30)
¦ Classical guitar basic technique lesson according to grades ¦ Daily English Conversation for musicians ¦ Study of the guitar ¦ Electrical guitar basic technique lesson ¦ Interesting theory of harmony
* 'Guitaristus Nippon' Concert in Izu (19:30~21:00 in Tarrega Hall)
Concert by 'Guitaristus Nippon' that is a solo performance group making full use of Niibori Method original guitars. You can enjoy professional guitarists' stunning technique in a hall with excellent acoustic.
july 28 (Sat) / The 2nd day
* "Secrets of the impressive stage by N-method" (Lecturer: Kiyoshi Koyama, 10:00~11:30) Lecturer Kiyoshi Koyama is a concert master and a conductor of the Niibori Guitar Orchestra. He gives you some tips about the set pieces of All Japan Guitar Concours 2001. Niibori Guitar Ensemble has sample performances.
*Elective Classes (13:00~18:00)
¦ The most advanced and easy conducting method of a guitar orchestra ¦ Original guitar solo performance course ¦ The electrical guitar course ¦ Jazz guitar course ¦ Vocal course ¦ Singing to the acoustic guitar accompaniment course ¦ Ukulele course
* Niibori Guitar Ensemble Salon Concert & Party (19:30~21:00 in Tarrega Hall)
A enjoyable concert in Tarrega Hall by the Niibori Guitar Ensemble. Attendance can enjoy the wonderful music, dinner, night view and pleasant chat with lecturers of the summer school at the same time.
July 29 (Sun) / The 3rd day
* Elective classes (9:30~12:00)
(1) Original guitars intensive lessons by top guitarists Valuable lessons by the top guitarist of the Niibori Guitar Orchestra available only at this summer school.
(2) Solo & ensemble stage practice Rehearsal using the real stage. Representatives who have attended the elective classes on the second day can entry.
* Premium concert for the stage experience & Grand Guitar Orchestra Practice (13:00~15:00) @The real stage performance by the representatives from the second day's program, and the grand guitar orchestra consists of all attendants play "Wonderful Morning". Experience the moving sound of a large-scaled orchestra.
@ Students who attend all curriculums for 3 days can get a certificate of the completion. Tuition fee for 3 days including lunch and concert fee is 45,000 yen. It is possible to attend only a single day as you like. If you need, we can introduce accommodations near the site.
Niibori Guitar Music Academy, Editorial Office
143-14 Fujisawa, Fujisawa-shi, Kanagawa-ken,
Phone: +81-466-23-8338 / Fax: +81-466-23-9337
Back to "Harmony" index page