HOW TO ENJOY SOLO & ENSEMBLE BY NIIBORI METHOD
From 'Guitaristus Nippon' recital 2000
Guitaristus Nippon recital that makes full use of 25 kinds of original guitars by Niibori Method took place in Yokohama Minato Mirai Hall on July 3 (Mon) and in Tarrega Hall in Izu on August 4 (Fri) this year. Both halls were good for guitar music and the audience enjoyed delicate and beautiful guitar sound to their hearts' content.
Guitar orchestras in the Niibori group are famous in and out of Japan and they announce guitar sound that has wide range. In a recital of Guitaristus Nippon, players make full use of original guitars that were developed by Dr. Niibori . The prime guitar has no equal in the warm and soft sound. However, there are other guitars that draw out the real attractions of music composed in various eras. Guitaristus Nippon is a group that keeps searching new guitar sound.
Therefore, the preliminary screenings place great importance on formation and arrangement in addition to technique. Players who cleared all screenings showed excellent performance on stage.
Besides the prime guitar, baroque guitar and electrical acoustic guitar were played on stage, but we hereby pick up performances by the original guitars.
- * 'CANCION DE MAYO' & 'MARCHA' FROM CUENTOS DE LA JUVENTUD (Enrique Granados ~ arr. Kato)
- 'Cancion de mayo' was played by the double alto cembalo guitar and the prime guitar, and 'Marcha' was play by the alto guitar and the prime guitar. By changing the combination of the guitars, the contrast between these two music became clear. Tremolo of the double alto cembalo guitar sounded like the bandurria, and the lingering sound after the scales created elegant and fantastic atmosphere. Contrary to it, 'Marcha' played by the alto guitar had sharp, pleasant and rhythmical atmosphere.
- * 'PRELUDE' FROM SUITE FOR CELLO NO.3 BWV 1009 (J. S. Bach ~ arr. Kuronuma)
- Solo performance by the 7-strings bass guitar. Suites for cello by Bach are often played by the 7-strings bass guitar. The guitar's long reverberations and the rich swell are very suitable to play such music. The arrangement fully utilized the characteristics of the guitar and made the audience feel the broad expanse of sound. Arpeggio that is difficult to play by the cello, was well played by the bass guitar and showed harmony smoothly.
- * THE HARMONIOUS BLACKSMITH (G. F. Handel ~ arr. Simazu & Yamamoto)
- Duet by the prime guitar and the 7-strings bass guitar. By using the guitars that had the different registers, each guitars didn't border another one's sound and showed each part clearly. In a slow passage, the 7-strings bass guitar worked effectively. Both guitars have rich low tones and expressed music by Handel very well.
- * 'PRELUDE' FROM SUITE IN D-MAJOR BWV 1012 (J. S. Bach ~ arr. Sasozaki)
- An expert of the double prime cembalo guitar, Kohiro Sasozaki played this masterpiece. Originally it was composed for the cello with 5 strings, and Bach himself arranged for the lute. This piece matched the double prime cembalo guitar and it seemed it was originally composed for it. Sasozaki showed super high technique with an air of casualness, and let us know his ability that were accepted in the world.
- * RECIFE DOS CORALS (S. Assad ~ arr. Taruishi)
- Performance by the Niibori Guitar Men's Sextet (Danroku) that is raising in popularity recently. It consists of the soprano guitar, the prime guitar 1st, the prime guitar 2nd, the double cembalo guitar, the bass guitar and the guitarron. Now, a guitar quartet in U.S.A. is famous, but lots of people prefer to them in spite of the members are still all young. Performance with wide range and arrangement makes full use of the original guitars, and active performance are attracting considerable attention in the world. This time, the tree chime was added in the overture and the sound became much enjoyable.
- * MARCHE MILITAIRE (F. Schubert ~ arr. Iida)
- The guitarron shows unique performance every year. It became much more humorous from the trio performance only by the guitarrons last year. The guitarron has the lowest range in a guitar orchestra, but we can't forget one of the characteristics is comical bouncing sound. The audience enjoyed their funny performance from the scene they appeared on stage.
Like this, the original guitar by Niibori Method can be enjoyed in a variety of styles and combinations. Please try once and make sure how interesting the original guitars are with your eyes.
For questions, advice & requests about Monthly Harmony,
Niibori Guitar Music Academy, Editorial Office
143-14 Fujisawa, Fujisawa-shi, Kanagawa-ken,
Phone: +81-466-23-8338 / Fax: +81-466-23-9337
Back to "Special Topics"
Back to "Harmony" index page